Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tyler and Chicken Little

One day a first grade teacher was reading the story of Chicken Little to her class. She came to the part where Chicken Little warns the farmer. She read, "...and Chicken Little went up to the farmer and said, "The sky is falling!!" The teacher then asked the class, "And what do you think the farmer said?" One little boy raised his hand, "I think he said: Holy Sh*t! A talking chicken!"

I can so totally see this being my son in class!! This morning as we were walking to the truck headed for daycare I heard him mumbling something under his breath. I thought that maybe it was a "bad" word, but I was unsure. I asked him to repeat what he said. He did and I was shocked to hear what he said. "Sh*t, Sh*t, Sh*t" was his response! I gently reminded him that he needn't say words like this and then asked him why he was saying that bad word. He was upset because his truck was wet. His battery operated Power Wheels truck was wet from a bit of rain we'd had the night before.

...and Shelby won't say "shut up" or "fat" because I've got her convinced that those are bad words. This boy is going to try every bit of patience that I have isn't he?!




12 comments, add yours here:

Mo and The Purries said...

Okay, I signed up for SezWho - but I don't get it --- I thought this was supposed to be a comment thing, but on your blog and my blog it looks like we're rating the blog posts....

Anyway - your story is FUNNY!
When I was growing up there was only one thing we weren't allowed to say and that was "shut up" because my mom said it was disrespectful to others.

Sandee said...

Yes honey, he's going to try every bit of your patience. What a challenge. He's a good boy and you know that. Have a great day sweetie. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, you are not alone. The first thing I heared today was not a "Good morning, mommy!" from Luis, but a "Sche!sse" (sh!t)

Reason: A special hint for me about the status of his diaper...

Unknown said...

I think it's second child syndrome. My daughter is off the wall...although my son did shout out the F-bomb once or twice. Thank goodness no one was around at that point!

Akelamalu said...

Have you noticed kids may have trouble learning to talk but definitely do not have trouble picking up swearwords? :0

Unknown said...

hehehe So typical these days isn't it? How cute is he to be so grown up...*giggling* Congrats on the future add'n to your family.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I am trying not to laugh. I have a cousin when he was little he had a little bit of a potty mouth. At 28 is a bright, sweet, successful, handsome young man. I am sure he will get it under control.

Linda said...

Sounds like Tyler has been spending some good quality time with his Dad!

And yes, he will try every single ounce of patient you have before he's done but as long as you can look back on it and laugh a bit, it's all good!

RW said...

Hahahahaha good one Tish! :D

Anonymous said...

For some reason (hey don't look at me) my son know some bad words but he also know he isn't supposed to say them. One time I heard him say, "Sh*t!" so I asked him what he said, he repeated it followed with a guilty chuckle.

Anonymous said...

I know it's not supposed to be, but that's so cute.

Travis Cody said...

I like that you don't over-react when he says it.