Monday, June 16, 2008

Family Travel

My children are a bit too young for things like a Nintendo DS, or PS3 but on our recent road trip across the state line to my family reunion I knew that we needed something besides the portable DVD players to keep them occupied. I invested in the Leapster handhelds. I must say that they were worth the investment. The kiddos enjoyed them and I enjoyed the peace and quiet. The best part is that...sssshhh...you can't tell them this, but they are educational as well as fun!!!

5 comments, add yours here:

Desert Songbird said...

We moms get slammed for getting "electronic babysitters," but I think they're essential for road trips.

Unknown said...

We had one of the earliest versions of Leapster when the kids were little and it was a wonderful item and well loved. Better to do educational items and they do make travel easier on everyone.

Toni said...

My portable DVD player has been acting up... Uggghhhh. Hunter is not old enough for the handhelds yet, but I will be getting one as soon as he is!

Tammy said...

My daughter had a pink one too. She has since outgrown it, but she did learn a lot.

Travis Cody said...

My niece had one of those...either that brand or one of the other ones.