Saturday, May 03, 2008

Swelling, and stuff...

I get weekly baby updates on the growth of my little one. I am 23 weeks along. This week I got a few tips that I actually needed. I've been swelling a bit this past week. I swelled really terribly with Shelby, although with Tyler I did not. I have had to remove my toe rings, but thankfully my wedding ring is a bit loose on me, so I've not had to remove it yet. I guess I'll have to refrain from wearing Parmigiani designer watches, though. I thought I'd pass along these tips in case any of my other preggo readers needed this info:

How to minimize swelling
When puffiness strikes, try these tactics:
• Put your feet up when you can.
• Stretch out your legs when you sit.
• Avoid sitting still for long periods.
• Exercise regularly to increase circulation.
• Wear support stockings (put them on first thing in the morning).
• Drink plenty of water, because keeping hydrated actually helps prevent swelling.
• If you notice severe or sudden swelling in your hands or face, call your midwife or doctor. It may be a sign of a serious condition called preeclampsia.

I fear it's going to be a long, hot summer!

2 comments, add yours here:

Kristin said...

Awe you poor thing! :( These are great tips!

Tina said...

i could have done with those tips when i was pregnant! Ill get it from your archives in a few years when i have my next one lol