Sunday, April 06, 2008

Lazy Sunday

My weekend was just perfect. The weather was amazing, which was very welcomed after all of the rain and tornadoes that we've had here. They are calling for more in the upcoming week. But, for now I'm going to take what we've got and enjoy it! My best friend came to visit from Maryland. I was so glad to have Becca come stay with us. My family came over and we had a big fish fry in her honor. She got to meet the new babies.

Contrary to what you might believe, there are only 15 days difference in these two gems!

We rented some movies Saturday night and just vegged out. It was really nice to spend time with an old friend and make new memories.

Today she had to leave and we were all sad to see her go. Hopefully she'll be able to come back after the baby is born and spend some time with us. Shelby and I did a bit of shopping. I also got some new recipes online for this week's dinner menu. I will try to post some photos this week with the recipes if they turn out worth repeating.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend, whether you were playing some Branson private golf, doing yard work, or just spending time with family at least you weren't cleaning up after a horrible tornado like lots of my fellow Arkansans. May you have a quick and speedy clean up and we are so lucky that there were no fatalities. My thoughts and prayers are with each and every one of the folks who are being affected by floods and having to recover after these 6 confirmed tornadoes.

5 comments, add yours here:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well with your family. Now that we have blogging buddies all across the globe whenever you hear of bad weather where you know someone is you think of them.

Happy Monday

The babies are adorable.

Akelamalu said...

The babies are just adorable and it's amazing the difference in size with only 15 days between them!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

We had gorgeous weather, too, and I spent all day out in it yesterday - even got a tad of a sunburn on my arms, face, and neck! But I'm paying for it with my allergies today - itchy itchy eyes and a sneezy nose. :-(

Desert Songbird said...

I'm glad you have fun with your BFF; the kids and I are flying out to Indianapolis next week to see mine. Can't wait!

Those babies are NOT 15 days apart. They can't be!

Travis Cody said...

Sounds like a great weekend.

Only 15 days difference? Methinks you might have a future middle linebacker there!