Sunday, April 27, 2008

Conversations with Tyler


Tyler: Mommy, take your teeth out.

Me: Tyler, I can't take my teeth out.

Tyler: Yes you can...just try. Pull real hard.

Me: (pulls "real hard" at teeth) See, they won't come out.

Tyler: (pulls "real hard" at his own teeth) Mine won't come out either. But, my Papaw can take out his teeth. Why can't we take out our teeth?

Me: Ummm...

This one left me speechless. How do you explain dentures to a two year old?!

6 comments, add yours here:

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Oh funny. Guess I haven't run into this one yet with my little guys. I'd probably tell him that you have to be real good for a long time and then you get to have teeth you can take out. ?!?

Akelamalu said...

They don't miss a trick do they??

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I have to admit the first thought that ran through my mind was to tell him "That's what happens when you don't brush and floss"...

...but we are going through some struggles in this house and that mightn't be the most tactful, compassionate answer I could ever come up with...

Liz said...

lol, it's so funny. i totally agree with akelamalu, they love to ask just about anything :)

Sandee said...

Bwahahahahahaha. I can understand his logic. I really can. This is adorable Tisha. Both of your kids say the cutest stuff. Have a great day. :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Ha ha! Tyler is becoming more observant and curious about everything.