Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So Sad...

NEW YORK -- Heath Ledger, the talented 28-year-old actor was found dead Tuesday in a Manhattan apartment, face-down and naked at the foot of his bed with prescription sleeping pills nearby, police said.

There was no obvious indication that the Australian-born Ledger had committed suicide, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said. source

Many of you may already know that I am a HUGE fan of the movie, A Knight's Tale starring Heath Ledger. This is actually one of my favorite movies. Heath Ledger has been a favorite leading man of mine for a long time. I was very saddened to hear this news this of his death this afternoon, especially knowing he had a little girl who will grow up without a father. I just hope this ends up only being an accident and not something he did on purpose. May he rest in peace, my thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family at this most difficult time.

11 comments, add yours here:

Travis Cody said...

Very unfortunate.

Linda said...

I was very shocked and sad to hear this news myself and now the poor man has to have the entire world speculating on the reason for his death.

As much as I liked "A Knight's Tale", I liked "Ten Things I Hate About You" and "The Patriot" even more. He was a very good actor and his talent will be missed.

Amazing Gracie said...

I've never seen "Ten Things..." but The Patriot was fantastic - sad, but a good movie.
We adored "A Knight's Tale," and probably watched it 2-3 times.
I hate to hear of anyone dying young, before they can achieve their goals. And yes, the speculations are odious, at best.

Callie Ann said...

It's horrible what happened. I feel terrible for his parents and Matilda. I really hope it wasn't drugs. I am being positive. They did say he had Pnuemonia on the Greta show tonight. (Can't think how to spell that). Thanks for posting about Heath.

Write From Karen said...

I know! Can you believe that!! My mouth actually dropped when my husband came home and told me that. What a shame!! He was such a good actor.

Write From Karen

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Shocking, tragic, and so sad. :-(

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I heard the news yesterday and felt shards of pain in my heart. He's always been a favorite actor of mine, and my husband and I have been eagerly awaiting his latest role as The Joker. Now it will be his final role. I will miss him terribly.

Heart of Rachel said...

I heard it on the news early this morning. It's sad to lose someone with a promising future.

Mo and The Purries said...

So sad & tragic.
What a talent, gone forever.

Unknown said...

So very sad. I still can´t believe it :,( He will be badly missed.

That Batman movie will be a sad "must-see" for all fans...

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Still saddened and shocked...