Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Memories

Ten years ago on this very day my life changed. I will never forget the feelings that I felt on this day ten years ago. I had worked all day (from 7am to 8pm). I was working at a convience store. Brien (who was then my boyfriend) told me that he wanted to go somewhere and have a nice dinner, just the two of us. I was exhausted. I told him that I really didn't feel like going out. I would come to realize later that this was a huge mistake! It was an hour drive to Little Rock where he wanted to go. We ended up going to Taco Bell and getting some tacos for not only ourselves, but my siblings and my mom as well. I was driving and we were a little over a mile from my house when he said he needed to pee. He wanted me to pull over so that he could pee on the side of the road. I kept arguing that he could hold it 'cause we were almost home. He said I needed to stop now. I did and he got out and stalled a bit on his side of the truck. Then he walked around to my side. I locked my door 'cause I didn't know what he was up to. He smiled and said for me to unlock the door. I did and when I the door, he was on one knee. At this point, I was pretty confused. He began to tell me how much he loved me and that he wanted to spend the rest of my life with me. I just remember that I started crying. I was so happy. We'd been dating for about 4 years and I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. I had just started to wonder if he thought the same about me! Of course I said yes and the rest is history! :)

5 comments, add yours here:

Becca said...

I remember the happy call I got on that day too. :)

katherine. said...

what a great story....and a really nice memory for you.

(I seem to remember another loving couple telling their "stopping to pee at the roadside" story...laughing....)

Sandee said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. What a touching, romantic story. :)

Desert Songbird said...

I'm sorry, but that has to be one of the funniest romantic stories I've heard in a long time!

Travis Cody said...

That's a terrific story.