Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Bar Stool Story

I have a funny story. Well, it's not actually funny, but it's a story...when I was young my family lived in Texas. I was young enough that I don't remember a whole lot about the house we lived in other than it had bar stools. One night I was playing on the bar stool and I fell off. On the way down, I hit my chin on the bar. I just remember lots of blood everywhere. I was rushed to the emergency room by my mother were they stitched me up and sent us on our way. As the wound healed and turned into a scar, I remember my mother's concerns that it's location would change over time and I'd have a scar on my face as I grew older. Thankfully it stopped just right under my chin where it can vaguely be seen today. When my hubby and I first started dating, I remember one night I we were lying on the couch watching television and I noticed a scar on his chin. We have the exact same scar in the exact same place. We both fell off bar stools.

6 comments, add yours here:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you two were "meant to be"!! ha ha

smiles, bee

Travis Cody said...

LOL! Do soul mates have the same scars?

Linda said...

What are the odds???

Sandee said...

Well, that had to seal the deal didn't it? What a great story. Have a great day. :)

Amazing Gracie said...

Just be sure to say, "When we were kids..." or someone will think you were both tanked!
Cute story!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hi, first time here, enjoying your posts!