Monday, July 02, 2007

I need your help!

I am looking for a "blogger friendly" three column template. If possible I would like it to interface with blogger's widgets, ya know where you can click and move stuff around on your blog easily!?

Is this possible, or am I just wishing? I REALLY want a three column template. But, the kicker is that I am a goof with HTML. I can play with it a bit and change colors and such, but even that takes me days! So, I need something where I can delete blogger's template and just cut and paste a good three column template in it's place.

So, whaddya think? All you three column blogger users out there, how'd ya do it?

18 comments, add yours here:

Kara said...

I used this to make mine:

Kara said...

http://weblensblogs.blogspot.com/2006/02/build-three-column-blogger-template.html
Sorry, here's the site lol

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i put some code in my html but i have the code if you are interested.

smiles, bee

Tawnya Shields said...

I want to spiff up my one blog but I am too afraid that I will muck it up!

Anonymous said...

ha funny you should mention this today. I was actually going to attempt this tonight on my blog. I have a link to a good hack and if it works for me, I'll be glad to help you with yours. BUT one thing. I have tried this before and if you add another sidebar, your header size also gets bigger--keep that in mind if you are adding a header.

I'll keep you posted as to how it works out. :) I tried it once before and it didn't work out to well but I'm going to try it again.

Have a wonderful evening!
Bridget

Unknown said...

I did it from the scratch ;)
You´ve got email, sweets!

Hafiz said...

coming from blogger-templates.blogspot.com...

what do you mean by blogger-friendly? do you mean both sidebars have blogger widgets enabled...

I have created my own 3-colum layout if you are interested. Click here for more info

Unknown said...

Great question. I have been wondering about this myself. Can't wait to see the new look!

Travis Cody said...

Way too high tech for me. I'll just stick with my standard off the shelf.

Good luck!

552091 said...

Depends on what kind of three column template you want... many blogs today use 2 main columns, one being the content and the other the sidebar. The sidebar itself consists of 2 columns. There havnt come across any such template but the default left-bar, center-content and right bar is fairly common.

Both can be achieved by adding/modifying a little html/css

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting to me too. I like the 3 column blogs and would like to change too... I don't know why, just think it would be cool to do it. Maybe my liking to be "different than the crowd", haha.

Anyway, I'm following along with all info given to you and I might just change too. I'm at about the same level as you, can change a few basic things in HTML if I'm reading instructions or change colour or size of text... super simple stuff... but not much more.

Good luck to us both, haha.

Alice

Callie Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Callie Ann said...

I had to delete the comment above I named the wrong person. I say email Sanni, she is really getting into that right now. Myself and comedy plus paid another lady to do it. But, I still wouldn't know how to change stuff for the better. So I don't recommend the way I got mine. Cause I didn't learn a thing. She had my password and such and she just did it. Although. It works awesome with blogger. Email Sanni

Akelamalu said...

I can't help sorry this is like Chinese to me!! :(

Thanks for dropping by my place, I hpe you'll call again. :)

Amazing Gracie said...

I happened on a site where I won a free makeover! But I bought a book on Amazon with HTML lessons. I just need to read it now. I'd like to change the background everynow and again like Mo does on his blog.
I love the three columns - I'm still not through arranging stuff - too busy doing that in my house!!!
But widgets work on both sides. Sanni is hot - sure she can help.

Shaz said...

The one I use is really easy & works well with blogger. Check out the link at the bottom of my page or in the blog gadget site links on my right hand side bar, good luck. A tip: don't forget to make a note of what you have on your current blog as you may have to readd widgets, posts should swap over automatically x x

Twisted Cinderella said...

Looks like you have some great tips here. I muddled through doing mine and my friends, but I wouldn't say I am good enough to give advice.

Carrie said...

I got mine for free from the lady who's running the reading contest I'm participating in :) She worked it out really fast, even though I wasn't paying her, which was super nice! The link is Bubbles in my Head on my sidebar. Good luck!