Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Spirit of the Season

Today, my brother came home from his basic training. : ) It was great to see him. He'd been gone almost three months. So, it was nice to do some catchin' up and see his snazzy new military buzz! ; )
After we left there, we went and toured the.lights in town and we also took a sleigh ride around the park with SANTA!! Shelby got to sit up front and ride with him. She told him that she wanted an easy bake oven for Christmas. He said that he loved those things 'cause he loved to eat cakes and cookies, etc. She was smiling so big when he was talking to her. It was an unforgettable experience. We had a great night. We also rode through theLiving Nativity which is totally awesome!! You can check out the links for some pics and more info. But, if you have never experienced anything of this sort, it is really amazing. They had live animals and my kids loved that. The camel was walking so close we could reach out and touch it.
I tell ya. I am really ready for the Christmas season this year. I'm very excited. I can't wait for Shelby to open that easy bake oven after having that long talk with Santa about it!!! : ) I think she'll be thrilled.

0 comments, add yours here: