Thursday, December 14, 2006

From A Boy To A Man

I came in this morning and there was a picture on my computer monitor of a man dressed in army green. I thought, who in the world is that man in this picture on my desk. I picked it up and looked at it...tears immediately filled my eyes when I realized that it was my little brother!!! He will graduate from Basic Training today. : ) I am so proud of him that words cannot express. I can only smile a big sister smile and cry those motherly tears. All those years of being the only boy in a house full of girls has made him the great MAN I am proud to say that he is today. I love you, "Bubba" and I hope you know how proud I am of you. I can't stop crying b/c I am just so proud of him! For now I must find a tissue. The box on my desk is empty.

4 comments, add yours here:

Irene said...

I'm also the big sister to two younger brothers and I couldn't help but smile at your sentimental post. NO matter how big they get, I will always think of them as my little brothers. =)

WOOHOO for sibling pride and love! ;p

Mike said...

It's neat to have that one special moment when you realize when someone has "grown up". Congrats to your brother.

Becca said...

One of my favorite memories ever is getting up one morning and Bubba coming and cuddling in my lap while he was waking up. In some ways, I'll always be 12 and he'll aways be 4 (same for his beautiful twin that's now a mama).

Crazy Working Mom said...

I have just been crying all day thinking about my baby brother AND sister being all grown up! It's so hard to believe that Theresa is a mommy...and a VERY good one at that. : )

I am just so darn emotional. I blamed it on the season and my other sister said, Nope it's just me!