Friday, December 29, 2006

Date Night

A bumbling security guard at the Museum of Natural History accidentally lets loose an ancient curse that causes the animals and insects on display to come to life and wreak havoc.

Hubby and I had a date night tonight since the kids were staying at my MIL's house. We had nice, adult conversation over steaks at Colton's steakhouse. We were just a half hour late to make it to the early showing of Night at the Museum, so we ended up waiting around for the 9:15 show. We went to Wal-Mart and walked around a bit. I needed to get some black eyed peas 'cause I didn't have any in the cabinet. They were completely sold out! I guess I'll make some rounds today to grocery stores in town to see if anybody has any. If not, we'll have to wish for prosperity over a can of black eyed peas. Bleck! :p

Anyhow, overall the night was fun and it was good to spend it with my hubby. He's the greatest. The movie was excellent! My favorite line was when the North and South were fighting and Ben Stiller's character, Larry was trying to encourage them to get along. He tells them that the North wins and slavery is bad. But, you people in the south go on to do great things. You'll have The Almond Brothers...and Nascar! *LOL* I laughed so hard at that line. It's funny to think that people in the south get referenced in a comedy for those two things. Heh heh heh...
The movie was pretty funny and neat. I would give it an A. So, go see it if you happen to get out to the movies. I'd bet it's better than that gazillionth Rocky movie.

Good day, everyone!

2 comments, add yours here:

Becca said...

Sounds like a good night; I'm glad you got to see the movie too!

Crazy Working Mom said...

It was a really fun movie. I'd go watch it again. Ben Stiller is too funny. : )