Monday, July 24, 2006

Yay...CRAP!!

So, tickets went on sale this morning for the Ringling Bros Barnum & Bailey Circus coming to Alltel Arena in North Little Rock. I have been so excited about getting tickets for us to go. I've never been to a REAL circus before and I think that I am looking forward to going more than the kids.

Well, at 10 o'clock they went on sale. I was online trying to find the best seats. I found tickets, got 'em ordered and as my confirmation was printing, my heart sank. I realized that I had bought tickets for the wrong night! D'oh! Now what?!!
It plainly says on the order NO REFUNDS OR CANCELLATIONS!
But, surely they'd make an exception for a dummie???

So, I call them up...ticketmaster that is. I am on hold for a LONG time. In the meantime, I start looking for tickets for the right night. I found some. Turns out they have special opening night prices...A LOT cheaper than the ones I purchased. So, should I go ahead and buy those. We are going to be out of town the weekend that I purchased the tickets for. So, I thought that someone in my family would really like me if I could not cancel this order.

Someone finally answers. She confirms my fears...no refunds or cancellations. She asks what night I wanted the tickets for. I told her that I had just purchased them for the night that I wanted 'cause I had been on hold forever and I was afraid that if I didn't get them that I might not get good seats. She stood firm in her decision. I understood, but politely asked for a supervisor.
She informed me that there were no supervisors there but she would transfer me to customer service, that she was in ticketing.
I was transferred again and on hold again. I think I was on hold a total of 30 minutes altogether.
Anyhow, the girl that I spoke to in Customer Service was very friendly. I told her my situation and she said that they could do a "one time" courtesy and take it off and I would not have to pay any fees. So, I was very happy in the end.

The greatest news is that since we are going on opening night, there are cheaper seats. The opening night tickets for the same section we were paying $20 for on Saturday were only $11 on Thursday night. : ) YAY!!!

We're going camping that weekend (without the kids) so that'll be a nice family night before we leave. : )

1 comments, add yours here:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the refund!!