Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Isn't It Ironic

(no not the Alanis Morissette song)

Last night my little girl who is three woke up screaming and crying.
I have found that I have such little patience with her when she does this now. I guess I sometimes forget she is three. I expect her to be rational and sit on the side of her bed, hands folded in her lap and tell me exactly what is wrong with her. I don't want to see this flopping in the bed, kicking, crying and carrying on in such a way that I cannot tell if she is speaking to me or someone is about to perform an exorcism on her!
Anyhow, back to my story...she woke up and cried out. I sleepily stumbled to her room and made a path through the toys on the floor to her bed. I asked what's wrong. I could not understand a word she said. So, I asked her again. Still, no idea what she is trying to mumble out between crying, kicking, etc. So, finally I sit her up on my lap and ask her to tell me what is wrong with her. After about 5-10 minutes of this, she says her mouth hurts. So, I ask her if she wants some medicine. I then take her in the kitchen and we get some tylenol.

Apparently as my 7 month old is cutting teeth, so is my three year old!

How's that for irony!?
How's that for sleepless nights!!??!!
It's just can't get much funnier than that after two nights of little to no sleep whatsoever. All I can do is laugh. It keeps me from crying! *LOL*!!
I guess those back teeth are coming in. The ones they say are the worst. So, I am assuming that my sleepless nights are going to continue to pile up.

By the way, brother cut another tooth. The bottom tooth right beside the one he already has, which by the way really shines now when he smiles.

0 comments, add yours here: