Thursday, December 23, 2004

Let it snow...

Today we are 'snowed in'. We did venture into town to go to my place of employment. They were feeding us lunch, and we hadn't exchanged gifts, so my boss wanted us to come. I didn't go to work, however. We had a little bit of a dilemma when we were traveling up a pretty large hill and the fella in front of us just stopped! Yikes, so we had to stop as well. However, my truck being rear wheel drive and light in the rear end we couldn't get going again. We had several people stop and help us. That reminds me of the greatness of mankind. People stopping in the freezing cold to help complete strangers. It was so frustrating that we just couldn't move at all!! I don't have four wheel drive so it was impossible to get that thing moving again. Everytime Brien hit the gas we'd spin and turn sideways ending up almost completely in the ditch. However, after much determination the kind gentlemen helped by pushing us and jumping up and down on the back of the truck to get us traction. Thank goodness. The snow is really pretty, but in Arkansas all we get is ice, then a little snow on top which makes for terrible driving conditions that most Arkansans are NOT likely to succeed in attempting! So, anyhow the bad thing about all of this is that my best friend is in from Maryland and I haven't gotten to see her yet because my day with her was today and we are all iced in!! Darn the luck. Maybe we can squeeze some time in this weekend. I sure hope...

Merry Christmas to all!!

0 comments, add yours here: