Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Crazy Drivers!

This morning on my way to work there was a 5 car pile up on the 4 lane highway coming into town. The wreck had just happened. There were 4 pick up trucks (welcome to Arkansas) and a mini-van. Well, the wreck was in the left hand lane. I was in the right hand lane. Traffic in the right hand lane (my lane) was moving slowly due to 'rubberneckers'. I guess a woman in my lane must've realized that someone she knew was in the wreck, so she stopped her truck, turned on the flashers and got out and went over to the person she knew. So, now 10 minutes before I was due to be at work, I was sitting in stopped traffic. People began to use the turning lane to get around. But, there were pieces of some of the vehicles in it, so you had to go sorta out of the turning lane into oncoming traffic to get around. Well, I couldn't get over there because all of the people behind me were going, and at this time I was pretty close to the wreck, only a few cars back from the crazy lady who stopped her truck. A kind gentleman in the parking lot who was seeing the whole thing unfold came out and stopped traffic so that those of us who were sitting there unable to move could get out and head to work. I would like to say THANK YOU to this man who came to our rescue!! To the lady who stopped the only moving lane of traffic...I would like to say bad girl!! Just as I got out of the mess, here come the Police.


0 comments, add yours here: